So, Fathers Day! I feel like this holiday gets overlooked all too frequently. Kids in school always make Mothers Day gifts because they're still in school in May. They aren't in June, however, so dads easily get left out. This year, Fathers Day doesn't even get its own day ... it has to share June 21 with the first day of summer. How silly. In order to compensate, I've decided to commemorate this blog entry to my dad!
There are lots of great things about my dad:
- He's the only person I've ever known to play the tambourine WHILE driving (one of his many tricks to entertain us on long road trips growing up)!
- He's taken more pictures in his lifetime than anyone I know. (I'm not at all exaggerating on this point. Take one look at the 400 + LARGE categorized/organized photo albums at my parents' house and you'll understand!)
- He loves to eat bread! I think the two of us could eat nothing but bread for the rest of our lives and be perfectly content. We love our carbohydrates! :)
- I'm his "Brown-eyed Girl". If and when I ever get married, that's going to be my daddy-daughter dance song. I made this decision when I was about five.
- He loves to save money! I've learned a lot about being money-conscious from my dad ... which really comes in handy when you have a private-school teacher salary and go to grad school full time.
- He's travelled to more places than anyone I know! (And I've benefited by getting to travel with him to many places myself!)
- He keeps my car fixed up for me! I am so appreciative of this. My car may just live forever because my dad is so good at taking care of it!
In honor of his passion for photography, I've decided to include some daddy pictures ...
the day I was born:
happy us at the beach:
Christmas time!:
one of his many great 80's shirts (check out the awesome shorts my brother has too!):
when his beard was still all black:
Easter!:
family cookout night #3:

Love you Daddy-o!
i love you.
ReplyDelete